Tuesday, February 28, 2012

RaiderSec First Meeting

Hello Everyone!

I just wanted to thank everyone who came out to the first meeting of RaiderSec! It was great to see everyone there, and I hope the content was interesting and insightful!

If you missed the meeting, or would like the slides, you can find them here. I will also be posting a supplementary blog post describing the basics of Metasploit in more detail for anyone who would want to see it, or get a recap of what we went over in the meeting. Hopefully it will be up in the next week or so.

I know we covered quite a bit of content really quickly at our meeting, but if you ever, ever have any questions please don't hesitate to e-mail me, and I would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have! The goal of the meetings is to learn as much as possible about the field of security, so if there's something on which you may be stuck, or didn't quite understand during the meeting, let me know!

Also, since I was unable to have the disclaimers there today for everyone to sign, you can find them here. If at all possible, please sign and return them to me by the next meeting (scanning and e-mailing is perfectly fine).

I hope everyone has a great Spring Break, and I look forward to seeing everyone at the next meeting!

2 comments:

  1. just got mesaploit on my machine it's not what I'm use to but i am going to enjoy learning how it can be used

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Corbin,

      That's excellent that you were able to get it installed. I am currently working on a blog post that will be supplementary to what we covered in our previous meeting, and will serve as a general introduction to Metasploit.

      Until then, here are a couple of resources that can get you started exploring the wide range of functionality Metasploit has to offer:

      http://www.offensive-security.com/metasploit-unleashed/Main_Page

      http://dl.packetstormsecurity.net/papers/general/pentesting-with-metasploit.pdf

      Delete